Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Virtue of the Month : Courage


To choose what is good, even when it is the most difficult choice and comes with risk.

"Be strong and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Examples of Courage in the Bible

The Bible often uses the word "strong" as a synonym for courage and refers to courage as not giving into fear.

Psalm 27:1. 14
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear?
The Lord is my life's refuge; of whom should I be afraid? Wait for the Lord, take courage; be stouthearted, wait for the Lord!"

Mark 10:49
"Take courage; get up, he is calling you."

Joshua 1:9
"Be strong and steadfast! Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go."

Isaiah 41:6
"Each one helps his neighbor, one says to the other, 'Courage!'

John 16:33
"I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world."

2 Corinthians 5:6
"So we are always courageous, although we know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight."

600 Veirs Mill Rd., Rockville, MD 20852
Phone (301) 762-4179
Fax (301) 762-9550


No comments:

Post a Comment